Friday, March 6, 2009

Your Life Can Be Meaningful

There are certain questions in life that have hunted millions people all over the world for decades. Questions such as: What do I do for my life to have meaning? Where am I from? Why am I here on earth? and a host of others. These are questions that anyone who desires to live a meaningful life must provide answers to God’s word in Psalms 90:12 says “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom”.

I once read the story of a man who said that early in his life, he had the priviledge of spending time with people who were dying and he discovered that individual died differently. According to him, some end their lives with deep satisfaction and with few regrets while others die with bitterness or with a sad resignation at the life they might have lived.

Dear friend, one of the questions that you must repeatedly ask yourself in order to live a meaningful life is how I intend to end my life? With deep satisfaction emanating from the fact that I have lived a fulfilled life or Is it going to be with chronic bitterness and regret just because I didn’t live the life I was meant to live? A wise man once said and I quote “The greatest tragedy in life is to spend your whole life fishing only to discover that it was not fish you were looking for”.

A young man was having a father/son discussion with his dad who was an accomplished medical doctor. He asked his dad what it was like to celebrate 50 years as an accomplished physician. You know son, replied his dad I should have been an accountant. He went further to tell his son that the only part of his medical practice that he enjoyed was that of keeping the accounts. It was a great shock for this young lad to learn that his father regretted being a medical doctor after 50 years of practice.

Does this story sound like your situation? Are you really enjoying what you are doing? When you wake up in the morning, are you always consumed with the dread of going to work or are you the type that does not like the weekend to end?

Dear friend, you must make up your mind that when your days are done here on earth, and it is time to pass on to the life beyond you won’t be filled with regrets just because you didn’t live as you ought to. Before I end this article, remember you must learn to number your days, so that you can gain a heart of wisdom.

Have a great day.

Enjoy!

Tunde Afe

No comments:

Post a Comment